The Community Engagement Exchange Program is a transformational year-long leadership development program designed to enable civil society leaders, ages 20-27 from communities in over 100 countries to harness the power of networks, relationships, and information for the public good, specifically on issues related to civic dialogue and peacebuilding, open and participatory government, women and gender, resilience and sustainable development, and youth engagement.
The Community Engagement Exchange Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and supported in its implementation by IREX. Applications for the 2021 Community Engagement Exchange Program will be accepted between Monday, November 16 and Friday, December 23, 2020. Applications must be submitted online at https://cee.irex.org/ by Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (GMT, Almaty time) to be eligible for the program.
Applications that are mailed, faxed or emailed to IREX will not be accepted. Please direct any questions after reading this document to Apply.CEE@irex.org.
- Empower participants to assume greater leadership roles;
- Build civil society capacity;
- Strengthen participants’ ability to lead collaboratively;
- Develop a global civil society eco-system.
CEE PROGRAM INCLUDES
- Fully -funded, three-month practicum at a civil society organization in the U.S;.
- Online and face-to-face training in leadership and community engagement;
- Service Learning opportunities;
- Developmental support of Fellows’ projects in their home countries.
Competition for the Community Engagement Exchange Program is merit-based. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed and scored by a selection committee. Applicants receiving top scores will be chosen as semifinalists and asked to complete an interview. Semifinalists will also be required to take an English language exam or submit recent TOEFL or IELTS scores. Finalists and alternates will be selected, pending their performance on their interviewers and English language exam.
Detailed information about the program can be found on the website: https://kz.usembassy.gov/2021-community-engagement-exchange-program/