Dear Students of KSTU!
If you want to participate in the program of academic mobility, then you need to submit an application in the Center for International Cooperation and Academic Mobility (main building, room 241 CIC and AM).
For this you need:
- Write an application from the student to the rector (Model 1);
- Application of the student’s parents for permission to travel under the program of academic mobility (in any form);
- A letter of recommendation on behalf of the dean of the relevant faculty of KSTU;
- Transcript in Russian and English indicating the average score (GPA);
- Certificate of proficiency in a foreign language (IELTS/TOEFL);
- CV (resume) in English;
- Copy of identity card;
- Copy of the passport;
- List of partner universities with suitable specialty (list);
- Questionnaire of a citizen leaving for study abroad (after determining the host foreign university) – (Model 2);
- Medical certificate of the established sample for traveling abroad (after determining the host foreign university).
The full package of documents is placed in a file folder with the attached flash drive, which contains electronic copies of the above documents plus your color photo.
We remind you that in order to participate in the academic mobility program you need:
- knowledge of English at the level of Upper-Intermediate / Advanced (for training in universities in the US, Europe);
- academic performance on A, A-, B, B+, B-. GPA level (GPA) – 3.5 – 4.0;
At the end of the semester in a foreign university, you will be issued a transcript that indicates the disciplines, the number of credits and the final mark for the exam. Upon arrival, you provide your transcript to the Registrar’s Office, where you will count the difference in subjects and determine which subjects to count from the previously studied, and which you will learn without fail.
Consultations on academic mobility are held in the Center for international cooperation and academic mobility from 15:00 to 17:00, room 241 CIC and AM, the main building.
According to rules of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan «Rules for issuing visas of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as the prolonging and shortening their action» № 8407 by 10th of April 2013, for the implementation foreign citizens’ entry, exit and stay on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan Inspector of international office realize visa support. Thereby, foreign citizen is obliged to the send scanned copy of passport, data and address of stay in KZ.
Consular charge (visa support for single entry – 424 tenge, for double, triple and multiple entry – 1061 tenge) payment for RSE services (visa support for single, double, triple, multiple entry – 6363 тенге) foreign citizen will pay after arrival.
Detailed information on applying for RK visas can be obtained on the website:
In accordance with the order of Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan and «Typical regulations of admission to higher educational institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan» № 4638 of 26. 04. 07 in higher educational institutions of the Republic Kazakhstan foreign citizens and persons without the citizenship, who have the general secondary, primary vocational, vocational and higher education.
Students are eligible for free education in accordance with state educational order on a competitive basis by foreign citizens determined by international agreements with the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Admission of foreign citizens to study in higher educational institutions on a payment basis is carried out in the form of an interview conducted by the university receiving commissions.
According to Rules of admission of foreign students, who studied in foreign schools, students must pass next documents to international office:
- Foreign citizen’s questionnaire;
- A notarized copy of the birth certificate in Kazakh or Russian languages;
- A notarized copy of the birth passport (ID document) in Kazakh or Russian languages;
- The notarized medical report on the health status, confirming possibility of studying in Kazakhstan climate conditions in Kazakh or Russian languages;
- 2 photos in size 3х4;
- A copy of migration card;