Shakhmardan Yessenov Foundation announces a competition for the provision of 25 monthly student scholarships 27,000 tenge each.
Program participant: students, citizens of Kazakhstan over 18, studying at universities of Kazakhstan in 2-3 years of studying of a bachelor’s degree programme or in the 1st year of studying of a master’s degree programme, as well as the 1st year of internship in natural science, technical, medical and IT specialties.
Number of scholarships: 25
To participate in the competition for the Shakhmardan Yessenov scholarship, the candidate must:
- Fill in an online application form on the Foundation’s website – yessenovfoundation.org
- Attach the mentioned below mandatory and additional documents to the application form.
- ID scan;
- Essay on the topic “What have I done and will do for the science of Kazakhstan? What is important to you and why? “(an essay can only be submitted in writing);
- The transcript of records of the student (GPA no less than 3.0);
- A copy of the diploma of higher education for students of a master’s degree programme (bachelor, specialist).
- Certificates/Diplomas in Science – no more than 2 certificates*;
- Certificates in active involvement in public life and volunteering – no more than 3 certificates*;
- Publications – no more than 2 publications*;
*The Foundation considers limited number of certificates. A candidate has to independently select certificates, which best reflect his/her achievements.
Submit your applications before: 20.02.2020.
Applications will be accepted till February 20, 2020, 15:00 Nur-Sultan time (GMT+6).
We are informing you about the beginning of accepting documents for participation in the competition for studies on the academic mobility program during the fall semester of the 2020-2021 academic year in European universities by financing the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Everyone should provide a list of documents to the Center for International Cooperation and Academic Mobility (main building, office 241) by February 10!
List of required documents for participation in the competition:
1) Copy of the passport of a citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
2) a transcript of current performance certified by the seal of the university;
3) IELTS certificate, if available, in the absence of a certificate will be tested for knowledge of a foreign language;
4) the written consent of the parents, guardians, legal representatives of the applicant for traveling abroad, if he does not reach the age of 18 at the time of leaving Kazakhstan;
5) a document on the composition of the family, to confirm the large families of the student;
6) a document confirming the student’s absence of parents (for the category of students belonging to orphans or students left without parental care);
7) a document confirming the student’s disability.
On December 6, a skype info-session was held between KSTU and the Poznan Polytechnic University (Poznan, Poland) on the topic “Kazakhstan is a country of great opportunities.” Professor of Poznan Polytechnic University Tomasz Pajсhrowski and Doctor of Economics Agata Branowska shared their experience and read out a report of their stay at KSTU on the program for attracting foreign scientists to universities in Kazakhstan.
Presentations on the culture of Kazakhstan were heard at the KSTU students studying at the Poznan Polytechnic University as part of the academic mobility program. During the info-session, the participants discussed plans and proposals for further cooperation between universities.
In order to hold a preventive conversation on November 29, 2019 the staff of the Center for International Cooperation and Academic Mobility together with the staff of the Migration Service Department of the Police Department organized a meeting with foreign students studying in KSTU
During the meeting, foreign students were explained, the rights and obligations to arrive in the Republic of Kazakhstan, the rules of stay of foreign citizens in the territory of Kazakhstan, as well as students were told about the terms and rules of registration for migration.
Dear students and master’s degree students!
We would like to inform you that that the application to study at Russian universities (Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, Tomsk Polytechnic University, Tomsk State University of Architecture and Building, Ufa State Petroleum Technological University) in the framework of academic mobility for spring semester for students and master’s degree students is open.
Please, for application come to the room 241 (main building) before 15.11.2019.
Requirements for candidates:
- The current academic performance of GPA is 3.0 and higher
- Russian language skills
- Maximum compliance of the specialty
A list of specialties is available below
Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University – https://www.spbstu.ru/applicants/admission-of-foreign-citizens/
Tomsk State University of Architecture and Building -https://moeobrazovanie.ru/tgasu/?specs
Tomsk Polytechnic University – http://abiturient.tpu.ru/study/directions-list/
Ufa State Petroleum Technological University – https://moeobrazovanie.ru/ugntu/?specs
Necessary list of documents:
- letters of recommendation (head of the department, associate professor of the department);
- individual study plan;
- ID card copy;
- photo 3 * 4 – 3pcs;
- copy of school certificate;
- files – 5 pcs.
- Sample application to Russian universities
On September 17, 2019, a meeting with foreign students of Afghanistan was held in the educational audience of the “Armandstar Ordasa” dormitory.
During the meeting, the third adviser to the Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in the Republic of Kazakhstan and translator of the Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in the Republic of Kazakhstan Abdul Hamid, together with students, discussed the organization of educational activities of Afghan students, as well as an analysis of urgent problems encountered in the learning process and solutions.
The meeting was also attended by Aigerim Soltanbekovna Kozhanbergenova, head of the Center for International Cooperation and Academic Mobility, and Sabina Ermekovna Rakhimbayeva, specialist of the Center for International Cooperation and Academic Mobility, who reminded students of the requirements of the university’s internal rules, the rules for living in a dormitory, as well as the rules, violation of which leads to negative consequences – administrative fines, and in case of more serious violations – expulsion from the Republic of Kazakhstan.
During the conversation, foreign students received reliable and competent answers to all their questions.
Dear Students of KSTU!
If you want to participate in the program of academic mobility, then you need to submit an application in the Center for International Cooperation and Academic Mobility (main building, room 241 CIC and AM).
For this you need:
- Write an application from the student to the rector (Model 1);
- Application of the student’s parents for permission to travel under the program of academic mobility (in any form);
- A letter of recommendation on behalf of the dean of the relevant faculty of KSTU;
- Transcript in Russian and English indicating the average score (GPA);
- Certificate of proficiency in a foreign language (IELTS/TOEFL);
- CV (resume) in English;
- Copy of identity card;
- Copy of the passport;
- List of partner universities with suitable specialty (list);
- Questionnaire of a citizen leaving for study abroad (after determining the host foreign university) – (Model 2);
- Medical certificate of the established sample for traveling abroad (after determining the host foreign university).
The full package of documents is placed in a file folder with the attached flash drive, which contains electronic copies of the above documents plus your color photo.
We remind you that in order to participate in the academic mobility program you need:
- knowledge of English at the level of Upper-Intermediate / Advanced (for training in universities in the US, Europe);
- academic performance on A, A-, B, B+, B-. GPA level (GPA) – 3.5 – 4.0;
At the end of the semester in a foreign university, you will be issued a transcript that indicates the disciplines, the number of credits and the final mark for the exam. Upon arrival, you provide your transcript to the Registrar’s Office, where you will count the difference in subjects and determine which subjects to count from the previously studied, and which you will learn without fail.
Consultations on academic mobility are held in the Center for international cooperation and academic mobility from 15:00 to 17:00, room 241 CIC and AM, the main building.
Participants of the academic mobility of the autumn semester 2017-2018 Rus.
Participants of the academic mobility of the autumn semester 2017-2018 kaz.
Participants of the academic mobility of the autumn semester 2017-2018 eng.
From June 3 to 8, 2019, KSTU students with students of Lviv Polytechnic National University (Ukraine), undertook a scientific internship at the Poznan Polytechnic University (Poland).
Students completed a scientific internship at the department of geodesy, successfully presented a master’s thesis, strengthened their knowledge and improved practical skills at the faculty of civil and ecological construction.